I love hearing from you!

If you ask a question in your comment, please make sure to either show your email in your blogger profile, or email me directly....this is the only way that I can answer you!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

EMBOSSED FRAME

Okay I am back today as promised with my 
Embossed Frame Tutorial. 
I used my digi 


With this technique it is a little tricky lining the die right up to your image so you may want to leave more of a border than I did so you can line up your die evening around your image.  I love using digis with this technique because you can make them the size you want to fit your die. 

I am going to show you the method I use for embossing a spellbinders frame onto your card.  Note: I am using a Cuttlebug.  Sandwiches may be different for other machines. 
First part of your sandwich when using the Cuttlebug...A plate. 

Next place a piece of cardstock on top of A plate. (mine is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2)

Place spellbinders mat on next. 

Now another piece of cardstock to keep your card clean. 

Place your card you want to emboss on top and place the die where you want it.  (I tried placing tape on it to hold the die in place and got lines where the tape was...so I don't use it)

Top with another piece of paper to protect your card. 

Top with two B plates.  Now load the front where your image is from the back of the machine and ONLY GO OVER THE IMAGE THEN PULL BACK OUT THE WAY YOU PUT IT IN.  This is so you don't get a line from going over your embossing pad. 

That is all there is to it. 
Would love to see what you make! 

Oh thought I'd add some other samples of this technique from older cards I've made.
Here I used my digi DANGLES
 The pattern paper I used is from this digi. 

Using HAPPY HOUSES. 

Here I used HAVE A HEART

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fabulous tutorial Lisa! Love the different ways to use this!

Cassie said...

Gorgeous idea, Lisa! Thanks for the fun tutorial :D