I love hearing from you!

If you ask a question in your comment, please make sure to either show your email in your blogger profile, or email me directly....this is the only way that I can answer you!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Table Decorations with Digital Stamps


Hello, it's Kathy D. here! It seems like forever since I posted a Tuesday Tutorial. Not complaining as life continues to be busy but it sure is nice to share with you again.

I love Halloween....which I know is weird since I'm a Christian but what's better than dressing up, acting like a kid and eating candy! I don't do the scary side to Halloween but the fun, festive....make you smile Halloween. Sometimes it is hard to find those decorations in the store and if you do they cost a TON! I'm a cheap decorator so I found a way to decorate my dining table without breaking the bank. How?.....With digital stamps and an SVG/PDF file!!

To make this festive table decoration I used the following:
Spider Greetings Color Digital Image
Autumn Friends Color Digital Image
Choo Choo Train - Cuttin' Up SVG & PDF File
1/8 Scor-tape
1/4 Scor-tape
spider webbing
small pumpkins
candy
Cuttin Up Cricut Cartridge
Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge
Cricut
Xyron and Xyron X
brads
Bazzill Cardstock

Now I will show you close ups and talk about it a little. It is all very easy to do!

I printed out a regular image of the spider and then a mirror image of it so I could glue them back to back. After I cut them out I put them in my xyron to turn them into a sticker. Put fishing line between the two spiders and there you have cute hanging spiders!

I printed off the bag/tag file that comes with the digital stamp. I cut out the purple paper on the Cricut using the Elegant Edges cartridge. Layered all that onto orange and there you have a cute Halloween place mat. I will probably take them to the office store to get them laminated.



I used the Choo Choo Train SVG/PDF file to make this cute Pumpkin Express train for the center piece. The file comes with instructions and is easy to do. I placed clear transparency over the windows so the candy wouldn't fall out. I decorated the train with cut cardstock to give it a festive look. A word of advice....the wheels won't hold up to the weight of the candy. So I took some foam board and placed that behind the wheel. It helped but depending on how heavy the candy is depends on how well it stays up. So you can leave the wheels off if you are going to have something heavy in the train.

And there you have the finished look. I hope this inspires you to try making your own decorations with digital stamps!

Have a blessed day!


2 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

Okay you just blew my socks off here Kathy! Wow, wow and wow!! This is amazing and I so love how the images just pop off of your projects. You have some imagination my dear. I dont' even know if I could get something like this to fall out of my head. Lol. This is amazing and just so fun. Love the details and the imagination behind this creativity. Yes, Halloween can be fun and still reflect the heart of Christ. My sister gives out treats each year with a Scripture Bookmark and pencils that share the message of salvation. We don't celebrate Halloween ourselves ever since my son decided he didnt' like it anymore. We use to have fun with it too. I use to dress up as a clown and trick or treat with him. But when it became more about fear than fun, that was the end of the show. We don't get many kids on our street anymore which is sad because we miss chatting and seeing all of their creative customs. Thanks so much for sharing. You really blessed me with this project. Hugs.

Cassie said...

Wow, what an amazing tutorial, Kathy! Such a cute idea :D