I love hearing from you!

If you ask a question in your comment, please make sure to either show your email in your blogger profile, or email me directly....this is the only way that I can answer you!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

BEEutiful Day Card With Inking Technique

Happy Tuesday Tutorial day to you. Lisa here.  I made a card for last Sunday's blog hop using this technique I am going to show you today and loved it so much I decided to make it today's tutorial.  Plus I'll show you how to make this "BEE"utiful card using one of our clear stamp sets. 
I made this using Clear Stamp Set HOME SWEET HIVE. 

I cut a piece of Bashful Blue by SU to 5 x 10".  And scored at 5" on the long side and folded with a bone folder with the bump on the inside.  

I cut two panels.  True Black by Papertrey Ink to 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and Crushed Curry by SU to 4 x 4".  I adhered them together with double sided tape. 

I used a ruler to find the center of the yellow piece and centered my 1 3/8" spellbinders circle die and held it down with Washi Tape.  

I embossed my panel by placing it face up on the flat side of the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder HONEYCOMB. 

I rubbed the Crushed Curry ink pad by SU over the top of the embossed panel.  (this works best with folders that give a high impression).  I kept moving my panel around until I got the desired coverage. I love the distressed look this creates. 

Using the clear stamp set HOME SWEET HIVE I stamped my bee on the honeycombs using Versafine Onyx Black ink (it gives a good solid black image). 

I placed the bee panel centered on the card base and lightly traced the circle window in pencil.  Then I stamped my sentiment with VersaMark ink pad and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.  

I placed 1/16" Scotch dimensional tape cut into pieces to the back of the bee panel to adhere to the card front.

Voila.  I embellished with Licorice Divine Twine, Crystal gems and Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper 1/2" (We R Memory Keepers)

Here's another sample using this technique.
On this card I used my digital image I designed BUMBLES.  
I used the Cuttlebug Embossing folder JULI'S GARDEN.  I rubbed Memento teardrop ink pads over the top. I love the multi-colors. I placed silver pearls in the flower centers.

I'd love to see what you make!


5 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Thanks Lisa for sharing your technique. Both cards are so much fun and I love all the textures with the sponging and popped up main layer.

Rubies Crafts said...

Cool!! Nice technique. TFS

Ruby :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

This BEE likes your Bee cards.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

An'Jenic G. said...

I love your little bee card and the add window is lots of fun. TFS AJ-

Malou22u said...

Pretty cool.