So let's get started!
1. Go to a local office supply store and have them cut the paper pads in half.
2. Cut your base paper (5 3/8" wide x 8" long) out of cardstock or double sided patterned paper.
3. Lay your pad of paper on the edge of the paper and make a pencil mark so you know where to score.
Baking Bear Digital Stamp since I wanted this to be a shopping list note pad. This adorable digital paper is included in the stamp which made it super easy because everything already matched!
*note* I ran the image through a Xyron sticker maker so the whole back is covered and hopefully the edges wont come up. I also used the laminate cartridge so the top is laminated and the bottom is sticky.
7. Since the slit area isn't very pretty I decorated it to cover it up!
9. I used 1/2 inch scor-tape to place the patterned paper on the paper pad.
10. Now stick 1/2 inch scor-tape on the back of the paper pad so it can be adhered to the bottom of the cover.
Here are a few more examples!
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches #198
Sketch: Sketch Saturday #259
I cut this one wider to fit the pen on the right side.
I would love to hear your thoughts on my gift idea! Oh and if you make some please leave me a link...I would love to see them. If you have any questions about this post please ask and I will do my best to answer.
Don't forget to come back on Friday for a Special Digital Stamp Release and Challenge!
- Kathy D.